Selected Journal Papers:
· Lu Ding, Steve Qing Yang Wu, Jun Feng Song, Kazunori Serita, Masayoshi Tonouch, and Jing Hua Teng, “Perfect Broadband Terahertz Antireflection by Deep-Subwavelength Thin Lamellar Metallic Gratings,” Advanced Optical Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adom.201300321
· Haixia Da, Cheng-Wei Qiu, Qiaoliang Bao, Jinghua Teng, Kian Ping Loh, and Francisco J. Garcia-Vidal, “Achieving Giant Faraday Rotation with Optical Tamm State in Graphene-based Photonics,” Physical Review B, 88, 205405, 2013
· Nan Zhang, Yanjun Liu, Jing Yang, Jie Deng, Chan Choy Chum, Minghui Hong, and Jinghua Teng, “Enhanced Biosensing by Using the Hot Spot of Plasmonic Dipole Nanoantennas Array,” Nanoscale, DOI:10.1039/C3NR04494G
· Hendrix Tanoto, Jing Hua Teng, Qing Yang Wu, Mei Sun, Zhi Ning Chen, Stefan A. Maier, Bing Wang, Chan Choy Chum, Guang Yuan Si, Aaron J. Danner, Soo Jin Chua, “Nano-antenna in a photoconductive photomixer for highly efficient continuous wave terahertz emission,” Scientific Report, 3 : 28243 | DOI: 10.1038/srep02824, 1-6, 2013
Guangyuan Si, Yanhui Zhao, Jiangtao Lv
, Mengqian Lu
, Fengwen Wang
, Hailong Liu
, Ning Xiang
, Tony Jun Huang
, Aaron J. Danner
, Jinghua Teng
, and Yan Jun Liu
“Reflective Plasmonic Color Filters Based on Lithographically Patterned Silver Nanorod Arrays,” Nanoscale
, 5 (14), 6243, 2013
· Huapeng Ye, Cheng-Wei Qiu, Kun Huang, Jinghua Teng, Boris Luk’yanchuk and Swee Ping Yeo, “Creation of longitudinally polarized subwavelength hotspots with an ultra-thin planar lens: vectorial Rayleigh-Sommerfeld method,” Laser Physics Letters, 10, 065004, 2013
· Zhongyu Cai, Yanjun Liu, Jinghua Teng, Xianmao Lu, “In Situ “Doping” Inverse Silica Opals with Size-Controllable Gold Nanoparticles for Refractive Index Sensing Applications,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117, 9440, 2013
· L. Y. Deng, J. H. Teng, H. W. Liu, Q. Y. Wu, J. Tang, X. H. Zhang, S. A. Maier, K. P. Lim, C. Y. Ngo, S. F. Yoon and S. J. Chua, “Direct Optical Tuning of Terahertz Plasmonic Response of InSb Subwavelength Gratings,” Advanced Optical Materials, 1 (2), 128, 2012
· W. M. Zhu, A. Q. Liu, T. Bourouina, D. P. Tsai, J. H. Teng, X. H. Zhang, G. Q. Lo, D. L. Kwong, and N. I. Zheludev, “Microelectromechanical Maltese-cross metamaterial with tunable terahertz anisotropy,” Nature Communications, 3, 1274, 2012
· Zhongyu Cai, Yan Jun Liu, Eunice S. P. Leong, Jinghua Teng, Xianmao Lu, “A Facile Method for the Fabrication of Two-Dimensional Non-Close-Packed Colloidal Crystals and Plasmonic-photonic with Enhanced Optical Transmission,”, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22, 24668-24675, 2012
· S. M. Hanham, A. I. Fernández-Domínguez, J. H. Teng, S. S. Ang, N. Klein, J. B. Pendry, K. P. Lim, S. F. Yoon, C. Y. Ngo and S. A. Maier, “Broadband Terahertz Plasmonic Response of Touching InSb Disks,” Advanced Materials, 24 (35), OP226–OP230, 2012
· Bing Wang, Xiang Zhang, Xiaocong Yuan, F. J. Garcia-Vidal and Jinghua Teng, “Negative Coupling and Directional Splitting of Surface Plasmons in Monolayer Graphene Sheet Arrays,” Physical Review Letters, 109, 073901, 2012
· L. Y. Deng, J. H. Teng, Q. Y. Wu, H. Liu, X. H. Zhang, and S. J. Chua, “Extremely high extinction ratio terahertz broadband polarizer using bilayer subwavelength metal wire-grid structure,” Applied Physics Letters, 101, 011101, 2012
· Bing Wang, Xiang Zhang, Xiaocong Yuan, and Jinghua Teng, “Optical Coupling of Surface Plasmons between Graphene”, Applied Physics Letters, 100, 131111, 2012
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Lin Ke, Jie Deng, Chan Chum Choy, Ming Sheng Zhang, Lu Shen, Stefan A. Maier,* and Jing Hua Teng* , “High Contrast Superlens Lithography Engineered by Loss Reduction”, Advanced Functional Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201200788, 2012
· Y. J. Liu, G. Y. Si, Eunice S. P. Leong, A. J. Danner, Xiang Ning and J. H. Teng, “Light-Driven Plasmonic Color Filters by Overlaying Photoresponsive Liquid Crystals on Gold Annular Aperture Arrays,” Advanced Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201104440
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Lin Ke, Jie Deng, Chan Choy Chum, Lu Shen, Stefan A. Maier and Jing Hua Teng, “High Contrast and 3D Sub-Diffraction-Limit Imaging by Superlens,” Nano Letters, 12, 1549-1554, 2012
· W. M. Zhu, A. Q. Liu, X. M. Zhang, D. P. Tsai, T. Bourouina, J. H. Teng, X. H. Zhang, H. C. Guo and H. Tanoto, T. Mei, G. Q. Lo and D. L. Kwong “Switchable Magnetic Metamaterials Using Micromachining Processes,” Advanced Materials, 23, 1792, 2011
· Yicen Li, Hui Zhang, Ning Zhu, Ting Mei, Dao Hua Zhang, and Jinghua Teng “Short-range surface plasmon propagation supported by stimulated amplification using electrical injection”, Optics Express, 19, 22107, 2011
· Y. S. Fu, A. Q. Liu, W. M. Zhu, X. M. Zhang, D. P. Tsai, J. F. Tao, H. C. Guo, X. H. Zhang, J. H. Teng, J. B. Zhang and N. I. Zheludev, “A Micromachined Reconfigurable Metamaterials with Electrically Induced Magnetic Dipole Resonance via Reconfiguration of Asymmetric Split-Ring Resonators,” Advanced Functional Materials, 21, 3589, 2011
· D.G. Zhang, X. C. Yuan and J. H. Teng, “Surface plasmon-coupled emission on metallic film coated with dye-doped polymer nano-gratings,” Applied Physics Letters, 97, 231117, 2010.
· Q. Wang, J. Bu, G. H. Yuan, P. S Tan, J. H. Teng and X.-C. Yuan, “Deterministic dielectric relief structures to realize phase modulation of surface plasmon polaritons,” Optics Letters, 35, 4196, 2010
· Tu Xiaoguang, Ang Soo Seng Norman, Chew Ah Bian, Teng Jinghua, and Mei Ting, “An ultra compact direction coupler based on GaAs cross-slot waveguide,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 22, 1324, 2010
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Eunice S. P. Leong, Ping Yang, Yun Zong, Guangyuan Si, Jinghua Teng, and Stefan A. Maier, “Enhanced Surface Plasmon Resonance in a Smooth Silver Film with a Seed Growth Layer,” ACS Nano, 4, 3139, 2010
· L. Zhang, J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, E. A. Fitzgerald, “Linearly polarized light emission from InGaN light emitting diode with sub-wavelength metallic nanograting”, Applied Physics Letters, 95, 261110, 2009
· E. L. Lim, J. H. Teng, N. S. S. Ang, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, K. Shanmuasundaram and N. Chen, “the near diffraction limited positive index guided submicron ridge laser arrays”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, 45, 893, 2009
· Xiao-Yu Peng, Ralph Jung, Toma Toncian, Oswald Willi, Jing-Hua Teng, “Distortion of the intense terahertz signal measured by spectral-encoding technique,”, Applied Physics Letters, 94, 221107, 2009
· Tanu Suryadi Justandi, Hong Yee Loe, Jinghua Teng, Isabel Rodriguez, and Rui Yin, “Mimicking Domino-like photonic Nanostructures on butterfly wing,” Small, 5 , 574-578, 2009
· C. B. Soh, W. Liu, J. H. Teng, S. Y. Chow, S. S. Ang and S. J. Chua, “Cool white III-Nitride light emitting diodes based on phosphor free Indium rich InGaN structures,” Applied Physics Letters, 92, 261909, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, L. F. Chong, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, S. S. Ang, Y. J. Wang and E. L. Lim, “Complex coupled DFB laser using a buried SiO2 grating”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 20, 231, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, B. C. Foo, M. Y. Lai, Y. J. Wang, S. S. Ang, and R. Yin, “Distributed Bragg reflector laser using buried SiO2 grating and self-aligned bandgap tuning,” Applied Physics Letters, 90, 171107, 2007
· L. S. Wang, S. Tripathy, B. Z. Wang, J. H. Teng, S. H. Chow and S. J. Chua, “Nanoscale epitaxial overgrowth process and properties of GaN layers over Si (111) substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, 89, 011901, 2006.
· J. H. Teng, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, R. Yin, B. C. Foo, B. Z. Wang and Y. J. Wang, “Elimination of mode grouping in InGaAsP/InP ridge waeguide laser by quantum well intermixing,” Applied Physics Letter, 88, 011109, 2006.
· J. R. Dong, J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, B. C. Foo, Y. J. Wang, H. R. Yuan and Shu Yuan, “650 nm AlGaInP multi-quantum-well lasers grown by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition using tertiarybutylphosphine,” Applied Physics Letter, 83, 596-598, 2003.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, G. Li, A. S. Helmy, and J. H. Marsh, "Control of bandgap tuning in quantum well intermixing by a buried Ge layer", Applied Physics Letters, 76, 1582, 2000.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, Z. H. Zhang, H. Y. Hong, G. Li, and Z. J. Wang, "Dual wavelength laser source monolithically integrated with isolator and Y-junction coupler", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 12. 1310, 2000.
· Teo Ee Jin, Teng Jinghua, “High speed plasmonic coupled light emitting diode”, Singapore 201303250-3, 2013
· Liu Hong, Teng Jinghua, Ke Lin, Wang Bing, ”A nano-photolithographic device and the method of making it”, US 2013/0208254 A1, 2013
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, L. Zhang and L. Y. Deng, ”GaN LED with polarized light emission”, US2012-0112218-A1, 2012
· J. H. Teng, H. Tanoto and S. Q. Y. Wu, ”A photoconductive photomixing THz emitter,” US 13/551,921, 2013, Singapore 201303091-1, 2013
· J. H. Teng, E. L. Lim, S. J. Chua and N. S. S. Ang, “3D PhC on semiconductor materials,” Singapore P176126, 2012, PCT/WO2010/144056, 2010, US 61/185,690, 2009
· W. Liu, C. B. Soh, S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, “A Light Emitting Diode Structure And A Method Of Forming A Light Emitting Diode Structure,” PCT/SG2009/000438; Taiwan 98139705, 2009; US61/116 690, 2008.
· C. B. Soh, S. J. Chua, W. Liu and J. H. Teng, “Phosphor free red and white LED using nitride semiconductors,” WO 2009/048425 A1; Taiwan 080222, 2008; Singapore 201001704-4, 2010; US12/682,526, 2010.
· K. Y. Zang, J. H. Teng and S. J. Chua, “Method to lift off GaN based epitaxial layers”, WO2010/059131; US61/116,068, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, S. S. Ang and S. J. Chua, “A Light Emitting Diode Structure,” WO2009/131541 A1, 2009; Taiwan 200947771; US 12/934,710, 2010.
· J. H. Teng, E. L. Lim, and S. J. Chua, “Method to form self-aligned metal contacts and passivations to small features and devices,” US7598104 B2, 2009; Singapore P143151, 2010.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua and J. R. Dong, “Distributed Feedback and Distributed Bragg Reflector semiconductor lasers with dielectric grating,” Singapore P139547, 2008.
· R. Yin, S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, “Enhanced multi-mode interference coupler,” Singapore 200403647-1, 2004
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, and J. R. Dong, "Method for forming a modified semiconductor having a plurality of band gaps," Singapore P99970, 2004.
· S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, "Multiwavelength Semiconductor Laser," US20030219055A1; Singapore P2000 03503-0.