Selected Journal Papers:
· S. M. Hanham, A. I. Fernández-Domínguez, J. H. Teng, S. S. Ang, N. Klein, J. B. Pendry, K. P. Lim, S. F. Yoon, C. Y. Ngo and S. A. Maier, “Broadband Terahertz Plasmonic Response of Touching InSb Disks,” Advanced Materials, 24 (35), OP226–OP230, 2012
· Bing Wang, Xiang Zhang, Xiaocong Yuan, F. J. Garcia-Vidal and Jinghua Teng, “Negative Coupling and Directional Splitting of Surface Plasmons in Monolayer Graphene Sheet Arrays,” Physical Review Letters, 109, 073901, 2012
· L. Y. Deng, J. H. Teng, Q. Y. Wu, H. Liu, X. H. Zhang, and S. J. Chua, “Extremely high extinction ratio terahertz broadband polarizer using bilayer subwavelength metal wire-grid structure,” Applied Physics Letters, 101, 011101, 2012
· Bing Wang, Xiang Zhang, Xiaocong Yuan, and Jinghua Teng, “Optical Coupling of Surface Plasmons between Graphene”, Applied Physics Letters, 100, 131111, 2012
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Lin Ke, Jie Deng, Chan Chum Choy, Ming Sheng Zhang, Lu Shen, Stefan A. Maier,* and Jing Hua Teng* , “High Contrast Superlens Lithography Engineered by Loss Reduction”, Advanced Functional Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201200788, 2012
· Y. J. Liu, G. Y. Si, Eunice S. P. Leong, A. J. Danner, Xiang Ning and J. H. Teng, “Light-Driven Plasmonic Color Filters by Overlaying Photoresponsive Liquid Crystals on Gold Annular Aperture Arrays,” Advanced Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201104440
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Lin Ke, Jie Deng, Chan Choy Chum, Lu Shen, Stefan A. Maier and Jing Hua Teng, “High Contrast and 3D Sub-Diffraction-Limit Imaging by Superlens,” Nano Letters, 12, 1549-1554, 2012
· H. Tanoto, J. H. Teng, Q. Y. Wu, M. Sun, Z. N. Chen, S. A. Maier, B. Wang, C. C. Chum, G. Y. Si, A. Danner and S. J. Chua, “Greatly enhanced continuous-wave terahertz emission by nano-electrodes in a photoconductive photomixer,” Nature Photonics, vol. 6, pp. 121-126, 2012
· W. M. Zhu, A. Q. Liu, X. M. Zhang, D. P. Tsai, T. Bourouina, J. H. Teng, X. H. Zhang, H. C. Guo and H. Tanoto, T. Mei, G. Q. Lo and D. L. Kwong “Switchable Magnetic Metamaterials Using Micromachining Processes,” Advanced Materials, 23, 1792, 2011
· Yicen Li, Hui Zhang, Ning Zhu, Ting Mei, Dao Hua Zhang, and Jinghua Teng “Short-range surface plasmon propagation supported by stimulated amplification using electrical injection”, Optics Express, 19, 22107, 2011
· Y. S. Fu, A. Q. Liu, W. M. Zhu, X. M. Zhang, D. P. Tsai, J. F. Tao, H. C. Guo, X. H. Zhang, J. H. Teng, J. B. Zhang and N. I. Zheludev, “A Micromachined Reconfigurable Metamaterials with Electrically Induced Magnetic Dipole Resonance via Reconfiguration of Asymmetric Split-Ring Resonators,” Advanced Functional Materials, 21, 3589, 2011
· D.G. Zhang, X. C. Yuan and J. H. Teng, “Surface plasmon-coupled emission on metallic film coated with dye-doped polymer nano-gratings,” Applied Physics Letters, 97, 231117, 2010.
· Q. Wang, J. Bu, G. H. Yuan, P. S Tan, J. H. Teng and X.-C. Yuan, “Deterministic dielectric relief structures to realize phase modulation of surface plasmon polaritons,” Optics Letters, 35, 4196, 2010
· Tu Xiaoguang, Ang Soo Seng Norman, Chew Ah Bian, Teng Jinghua, and Mei Ting, “An ultra compact direction coupler based on GaAs cross-slot waveguide,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 22, 1324, 2010
· Hong Liu, Bing Wang, Eunice S. P. Leong, Ping Yang, Yun Zong, Guangyuan Si, Jinghua Teng, and Stefan A. Maier, “Enhanced Surface Plasmon Resonance in a Smooth Silver Film with a Seed Growth Layer,” ACS Nano, 4, 3139, 2010
· L. Zhang, J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, E. A. Fitzgerald, “Linearly polarized light emission from InGaN light emitting diode with sub-wavelength metallic nanograting”, Applied Physics Letters, 95, 261110, 2009
· E. L. Lim, J. H. Teng, N. S. S. Ang, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, K. Shanmuasundaram and N. Chen, “the near diffraction limited positive index guided submicron ridge laser arrays”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, 45, 893, 2009
· Xiao-Yu Peng, Ralph Jung, Toma Toncian, Oswald Willi, Jing-Hua Teng, “Distortion of the intense terahertz signal measured by spectral-encoding technique,”, Applied Physics Letters, 94, 221107, 2009
· Tanu Suryadi Justandi, Hong Yee Loe, Jinghua Teng, Isabel Rodriguez, and Rui Yin, “Mimicking Domino-like photonic Nanostructures on butterfly wing,” Small, 5 , 574-578, 2009
· C. B. Soh, W. Liu, J. H. Teng, S. Y. Chow, S. S. Ang and S. J. Chua, “Cool white III-Nitride light emitting diodes based on phosphor free Indium rich InGaN structures,” Applied Physics Letters, 92, 261909, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, L. F. Chong, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, S. S. Ang, Y. J. Wang and E. L. Lim, “Complex coupled DFB laser using a buried SiO2 grating”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 20, 231, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, B. C. Foo, M. Y. Lai, Y. J. Wang, S. S. Ang, and R. Yin, “Distributed Bragg reflector laser using buried SiO2 grating and self-aligned bandgap tuning,” Applied Physics Letters, 90, 171107, 2007
· L. S. Wang, S. Tripathy, B. Z. Wang, J. H. Teng, S. H. Chow and S. J. Chua, “Nanoscale epitaxial overgrowth process and properties of GaN layers over Si (111) substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, 89, 011901, 2006.
· J. H. Teng, J. R. Dong, S. J. Chua, R. Yin, B. C. Foo, B. Z. Wang and Y. J. Wang, “Elimination of mode grouping in InGaAsP/InP ridge waeguide laser by quantum well intermixing,” Applied Physics Letter, 88, 011109, 2006.
· J. R. Dong, J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, B. C. Foo, Y. J. Wang, H. R. Yuan and Shu Yuan, “650 nm AlGaInP multi-quantum-well lasers grown by metalorganic chemical vapor deposition using tertiarybutylphosphine,” Applied Physics Letter, 83, 596-598, 2003.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, G. Li, A. S. Helmy, and J. H. Marsh, "Control of bandgap tuning in quantum well intermixing by a buried Ge layer", Applied Physics Letters, 76, 1582, 2000.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, Z. H. Zhang, H. Y. Hong, G. Li, and Z. J. Wang, "Dual wavelength laser source monolithically integrated with isolator and Y-junction coupler", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 12. 1310, 2000.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, L. Zhang and L. Y. Deng, ”GaN LED with polarized light emission”, US 12/939,322, 2010
· J. H. Teng, H. Tanoto and S. Q. Y. Wu, ”A photoconductive photomixing THz emitter,” US 61/408,099, 2009
· J. H. Teng, E. L. Lim, S. J. Chua and N. S. S. Ang, “3D PhC on semiconductor materials,” US 61/185,690, 2009; PCT/SG2010/000218.
· W. Liu, C. B. Soh, S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, “A Light Emitting Diode Structure And A Method Of Forming A Light Emitting Diode Structure,” PCT/SG2009/000438; Taiwan 98139705, 2009; US61/116 690, 2008.
· C. B. Soh, S. J. Chua, W. Liu and J. H. Teng, “Phosphor free red and white LED using nitride semiconductors,” WO 2009/048425 A1; Taiwan 080222, 2008; Singapore 201001704-4, 2010; US12/682,526, 2010.
· K. Y. Zang, J. H. Teng and S. J. Chua, “Method to lift off GaN based epitaxial layers”, WO2010/059131; US61/116,068, 2008.
· J. H. Teng, S. S. Ang and S. J. Chua, “A Light Emitting Diode Structure,” WO2009/131541 A1, 2009; Taiwan 200947771; US 12/934,710, 2010.
· J. H. Teng, E. L. Lim, and S. J. Chua, “Method to form self-aligned metal contacts and passivations to small features and devices,” US7598104 B2, 2009; Singapore P143151, 2010.
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua and J. R. Dong, “Distributed Feedback and Distributed Bragg Reflector semiconductor lasers with dielectric grating,” Singapore P139547, 2008.
· R. Yin, S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, “Enhanced multi-mode interference coupler,” Singapore 200403647-1, 2004
· J. H. Teng, S. J. Chua, and J. R. Dong, "Method for forming a modified semiconductor having a plurality of band gaps," Singapore P99970, 2004.
· S. J. Chua and J. H. Teng, "Multiwavelength Semiconductor Laser," US20030219055A1; Singapore P2000 03503-0.